News / 24th May 2020
Hazel Court open morning, Saturday, October 15th
City of York Council is holding an open morning at Hazel Court, James Street on Saturday the 15th Octoberfor residents from 10.00 until 12noon.
The session will be jointly delivered between a number of council teams and external agencies, including - the Environment and Community Officers, Neighbourhood Enforcement Team, Waste Management, Public Realm, York CVS and the Environment Agency and delivered in a number of formats including presentations, watch and have a good practical demonstrations, plus display material and information on the following topics.
- Get ready for Winter message - An opportunity to see and hear our plans for our Winter maintenance programme, see one of our gritting vehicles in action and look at the ways in which you can get involved at a local level.
- Promoting the ways in which residents can get involved in the many volunteering roles within the city including Snow Wardens, Litter Pickers, Graffiti removal
- How to sign up to be a Flood Warden, including what the role involves through the Environment Agency
- CVS will be there recruiting volunteers for their "Ready for Anything" the voluntary sectors emergency response campaign
- Promoting the Council's commitment to digital solutions and the customers ability to report issues directly through our on line reporting toolhttps://www.york.gov.uk/reportproblems plus the One Planet York App
- Promoting recycling and waste management
No need to book, just drop in.