News / 24th May 2020
Launch of new 105 power cut number
On 6 September a new national phone number â105â will be launched by electricity network operators for customers to call should they need to report or get information about a power cut in their area.
- Dialling 105 will put customers through to the electricity network operator who manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in their area.
- 105 is just one of the ways that customers will be able to contact their electricity network operator. They can also contact them by phone or via their website, and most network operators, including Northern Powergrid, are on social media too.
- 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Customers can call 105 no matter who they choose to buy electricity from.
- Customers can also call 105 if they spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If thereâs a serious immediate risk, they should call the emergency services too.