News / 31st January 2021
Vacancy for Parish Clerk
Due to a change in circumstances a vacancy has arisen for the role of parish clerk. The role is 27 hours per month working from home, and is paid. The job description is below. If you would like to discuss the role then please contact the Chair Jonathan Laverack (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Vice-Chair Anne Taylor (email@example.com ).
PARISH CLERK - JOB DESCRIPTION
- Dealing with incoming emails and notifying Chairman of urgent issues.
- Preparing outgoing emails and correspondence, including planning responses.
- Preparation – in conjunction with the Chairman - of the agendas for the monthly meetings and the Annual Parish Meeting.
- Taking the minutes at the monthly meetings and Annual Parish Meeting.
- Preparation of the minutes for distribution, posting to notice boards and the website.
- General office management and filing.
- Dealing with Councillor vacancies in liaison with CYC Electoral Services.
- General book keeping in line with national standards.
- Monitoring of bank accounts and maintaining petty cash and receipts.
- Preparation of invoices to be paid at monthly meetings – and then arranging payment.
- Preparation of annual budget – in conjunction with Chairman- to propose annual precept.
- Applying for VAT refunds periodically.
- Dealing with grant applications.
- Preparation of accounts for internal and external audit (at year end).
- Presentation of summary of accounts at Annual Parish meeting.
- Requesting quotations when necessary.
- Maintaining Parish Council’s subscriptions and insurance policies.